For a PDF version of this announcement, click here.
Are you a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior expecting to graduate after Fall 2015 who is interested in transportation research? If so, the MATS UTC Undergraduate Summer Research Program (USRP) in Transportation Sustainability may be right for you!
Students will work directly with faculty on sustainability-related research as part of a two month program from June 1 – July 31, 2015. A professional presentation and research report will be required.
Participating students will earn a $4000 stipend and housing is provided. Coursework and/or research experience in transportation engineering is preferred but not required.
MATS UTC focus areas include:
- Coastal infrastructure resiliency
- Sustainable freight systems
- Energy efficient urban transportation
- Enhanced water quality management
- Sustainable land use practices
Most USRP positions will be located at the University of Virginia (UVa), but opportunities may be available at the other MATS UTC consortium universities (Virginia Tech, Old Dominion University, University of Delaware, Marshall University, and Morgan State University). If you are interested in spending the summer at one of the other universities, please note this on your application.
Reasons to apply to the USRP at UVa:
- Gain valuable experience while working with our renowned faculty members whose expertise covers all areas of transportation sustainability
- Transportation research and education centers at UVa provide hands-on learning experiences
Interested applicants must email their 2 page resume and a personal statement to MATS UTC Managing Director, Dr. Emily Parkany at email@example.com. In addition, applicants must have one professional reference email a letter of recommendation directly to Dr. Parkany. All materials must be received by Friday March, 20th, 2015. Questions regarding this opportunity should be sent to Emily Parkany at firstname.lastname@example.org.